Friday, December 11, 2009

Virginia Beach at Christmas

This week I had the opportunity to take a little break and tag along with my husband while he traveled to Virginia Beach for work. As I was driving along Pacific Avenue, I noticed this wonderful statue of King Neptune almost appearing to rise from the sea and I just had to stop and take a picture of him. As you can see, the day was cloudy and wind tossed which I thought made a perfect setting for Neptune, but the air was unusually warm for December; in the 70's, so it was a pleasure to be out and about. After I took my photo, I walked back through a line of evergreens that was edging the parking lot where I left my car and my right foot got caught on one of the tree branches which was right at ankle height and refused to give. So, down I went on all fours! The actual physical pain I endured was not nearly as excruciating as the pain to my bruised ego. I was just glad that I had put my camera back in my bag before walking back to the car; it never would have survived the fall.

That evening, my friend, Mary Beth, took me to dinner to celebrate my birthday, which was this past Sunday, and we drove back to the boardwalk to look at the Christmas lights. I had no idea that there was such a grand display or I would have brought my tripod on this trip. The following photos are slightly blurred, but I think you get the idea of what some of the light displays looked like. There were many more displays than what I've pictured here. These things were larger than life and extended for quite some distance along the boardwalk. Seeing them was a thrill!



1 comment:

risa said...

My birthday was on the 5th! Happy Birthday fellow Saggitarian!!!