Sunday, June 13, 2010

Antique Doll Photo Safari



The first weekend of August is the date of the TAGG group exhibition in Chesapeake City, Maryland. We exhibited there last year and at that time chose the theme of this year's show. We decided to go with "Guys and/or Dolls."  




 

Now I'm not a procrastinator and I don't work well under pressure; however, I have nothing ready for this show. Nothing, nada, zilch, bupkis. So today I convinced my husband, Bob, to accompany me on a photo safari through the antique stores in our area so I could get photographs of dolls.



 
Growing up my sister and I owned a lot of dolls; but I didn't play with them much. I much preferred my brother's trucks, cars, building blocks and Lincoln Logs. (Well, actually the Lincoln Logs were mine; my parents finally caught on to my disinterest in dolls.) And over the years I've been to many antique stores, but I've never paid much attention to the dolls. Today; however, I was fascinated with what I found.



 
There were all types of dolls of varying ages; everything from the beautiful, the funny and the downright scary. So here you see my raw material. Now I have eight weeks to do something with this. Wish me luck!







No comments: