Thursday, August 25, 2011

Calm Before The Storm


I had so much fun with the book cover I created the other day that I decided I need a new studio book for keeping notes and quick sketches in my studio. My current book is just too big and awkward and difficult to take with me should I decide I want a notebook outside the studio, too. So, I went to Michael's this week where they're having a buy one, get one for a penny sale on canvases and Strathmore art pads. 

I decided upon a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 spiral bound sketchbook and bought one for $7.99, and a second one for 1 cent. They are 100 pages each so I felt this was a good deal.

Yesterday I created the cover you see above. I just love it! It makes for a great looking book and I decided that this might make a great gift idea and I decided to make a bunch to sell at the TAGG Holiday Gift Show and Open House in November. (Details on that to follow.)  So I went back to Michael's and bought 6 more. I can't wait to get started on them.

This is what it looked like before I created the new cover.
This will be my last post before we evacuate to get out of Irene's way. I sure hope that when I return I have a home and a studio to come back to with a minimal amount of damage.

No comments: