Thursday, March 22, 2012

New Beginnings

8x8 Canvas - ready for more fun!
By now I know you know just how excited I am by the prospect of a blank canvas. This morning I had three of them. I laid out a palette of paints in my favorite shades of blue and turquoise (with some purple thrown in for good measure) and just started covering canvases and any other blank sheets of paper I could get my hands on. I have no idea, yet, what my subject matter will be on any of them. That's part of the fun. Waiting to see what the paint will suggest to me. 

A blank canvas represents a new adventure, a new journey; no passport required. Just a suspension of belief and a sureness that you can make magic.
After I finished covering canvases, I spread the paint over the palette paper and added tiny blue star confetti. I will one day use this in a collage.

No comments: