Sunday, October 19, 2014

Melody

"Melody" - digital painting
I'm sure I've mentioned before that I have some extraordinarily beautiful nieces. I'm losing count; especially since these nieces have been "begetting" more nieces. My niece, Melody, is featured in this digital painting. I've saved a number of her photos hoping to do something with them someday. She has a certain "classic" beauty about her. Think, Scarlett Johansson in "Girl With The Pearl Earring."  (OK. Side note here. Although Melody has long been thought of by her friends as Scarlett Johansson's doppelganger, my mother, her grandmother, has never associated Melody with SJ and instead, thinks my son, Garrett (Melody's cousin) is a male version of SJ.)

I hope Melody isn't upset with my digital painting of her. It's part Andy Warhol and part me and all part of this great experiment that we call art. 


No comments: