Wednesday, October 28, 2009

If you keep doing what you've always done...


This mixed media collage image is strictly a journal image. I'm reluctant to even post it, but I think it's important. As the quote in the page reads "If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten."

Keeping or "playing" in an art journal is important, but only if we allow ourselves to experiment and learn from them. This is not a palette that I would normally choose, but I felt a lot of freedom in the creation of this double spread. It's not going to be juried, it's not going out to the public for sale. And by doing this I've learned what I'm not comfortable with, but I also picked up some ideas that I wouldn't mind trying again.

Playing is essential to an artist.

1 comment:

Karen Solomon said...

That's one of my favorite quotes...I actually googled it because I want to use it in my one-sheet (for professional speaking) and in my blog, and up came your blog! I've heard it from numerous transformational trainings.

I've written my first blog--

http://successappeal.blogspot.com/

Blessings!
Karen