Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lewes Artists' Studio Tour

Garden gate of Connie Ballato, glass artist
Today was the annual Lewes Artists' Studio Tour and this was my second year attending. True to form, the weather was brilliant and this year four of my fellow TAGG (The Artsy Girls Guild) members made the trip to Lewes to join me.

Many of the artists live close enough to each other so that you can easily walk from one home to another and the tour becomes a house a garden tour of Lewes as well. I couldn't help snapping photos all along the way, which I hope you will enjoy!

Front entrance to Sun Glass Studio, Connie Ballato glass artist
Inside Sun Glass Studio
Charming house along the way
Home and studio of Dorothy Greet
Home and studio of Marilyn Nugent, Venetian glass bead and jewelry maker
Marilyn's work table
The next five images are more charming houses on the route:



My friends refer to this one as my house because it's my favorite house in Lewes
This converted garage/3-room studio of artist Jean Doran is to die for
Jean calls her studio "Cygnet Studio" to commemorate Lewes' original name, Zwaanendael (valley of swans)
Inside Jean's studio
Lewes Chamber of Commerce and public gardens
Home of jewelry artist, Susan Bartley
View of the Lewes/Rehoboth Canal from Susan Bartley's front porch
Susan Bartley's over the garage studio
Fish arrow pointing the way to the entrance in the rear
Garden seat behind studio
What a neat surprise! A piece of art by TAGG member Susan Amadio at the entrance to Susan Bartley's studio.
And I think every artist deserves their own private pool just outside their studio.
Home of husband and wife artists, George & Caryl Williams. Their newly finished studio is located on the 3rd floor.
Another view of Caryl & George's home

On the way to the 3rd floor studio
And we're walking...
Inside the studio
And, of course, a visit to Lewes on a gorgeous day would not be complete without lunch on the deck of Gilligan's.

From left to right, Annie, me, Susan, Jen & Judy

5 comments:

Artist in Residence said...

You ladies look lovely! Looks like you had the perfect weather for the tour, too! Hope to join you if you do a repeat next year-- :)
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Awww, Lynn, we missed you! Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

I think we should put this on our agenda as standard for our September meeting. What a delight!
While we did have a wonderful and often hilarious time, we did miss all our absentee members.
One more surprise- I had a phone call this morning from The studio on Rodaline Ave. that I won the drawing for a painting!. What a way to top a glorious day.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Susan! I can't believe it! You won one of Aina's paintings. "La hincha de Sevilla"! As far as I'm concerned, that's the icing on the cake. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Susan...I am so jealous that you actually won a painting!! Enjoy.

It was a lovely day and I am feeling quite inspired to start my next painting :)

Jen