Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Assembly Line

This is the palette paper that I've used to clean my brushes. It will now become new collaging material.
 It is completely out of character for me to work in an assembly line fashion to create art, but desperate times call for desperate measures. This morning, in addition to varnishing my new dragonfly piece (which I hope to have finished tonight), I prepped a few canvases with paint and wrapped them in plastic wrap (for a textural look) and then stacked them. When the paint is dry, I'll remove the plastic wrap.



 
I work each project on an aluminum oven liner tray and right now I have four of them stacked on top of each other. I'm sure if I could take an X-ray of my brain, it would look very similar right now. 

 
Here's the tricky part. I've prepped each canvas with paint, but I have no idea what I'm going to do with them next! But you can be sure I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly enjoy watching the steps!
-deb

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Deb! Actually, it's interesting for me, as well. Until I started stopping myself in the process and taking pictures, I had a hard time explaining to people just what it is that I'm doing. I intuit so much of it that I don't even think about it while I'm working.