Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Gold Dragonfly, Red Leaves" Mixed Media Collage 6x6


Remember the blue canvas from the post "Production Line" a little while back? "Gold Dragonfly, Red Leaves" is the completed collage.

Here, once again, is the canvas, painted in various blue washes and covered in plastic wrap.



When the paint was almost dry, the plastic wrap was removed and the canvas allowed to dry completely.


Now remember the palette paper that I used to clean my brushes?


I tore it in strips and wove them while gluing them to the canvas. Pretty, huh?


Then I covered it up (for the most part) with a piece of dark blue ogura lace paper.


After that, I applied everything else, splattered it with gold, varnished it and applied the metallic gold fabric paint outlines you see.

And that's all there is to it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I just love seeing your creative process on each piece. DN

Anonymous said...

Thanks, again! There'll probably be less photos of the process from here on out. I'm working up a storm, here, but I think I can reach my goal.

milkbonemom said...

I love your work!
Lou

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lou!

Cmichaudart said...

Using the brush cleaning paper is a grand idea...thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks again, Cindy. Some of my favorite pieces have incorporated my palette papers. That's the great thing about collage, everything is potential art material.

Anonymous said...

I love this! What kind of paints did you use?

Anonymous said...

I used acrylic paints. They work best with the acrylic mediums and varnishes that I use.