Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blue Crabs

"Blue Crab 2" 5x7 Mixed Media Collage
Recently I received an email from one of my collectors. Because he had been purchasing my artwork through a gallery which no longer exists, I was unaware that he was collecting my artwork (a topic for another blog post). 

Anyway... he was describing to me a piece that he'd purchased years ago and I realized he was talking about my favorite blue crab collage (the one I use as the image on my business card). He loved the piece so much that he asked me to make a similar one that he could give as a gift. 

"Blue Crab" 5x7 Mixed Media Collage
Fortunately, I still possess the papers that made this particular piece so distinctive and was able to create a piece that was to his liking. Sometimes it's fun to revisit old subject matter and be able to give new life to it by adding to it those style elements that you've acquired since the creation of the original piece. I have to admit I enjoyed this project and I like the new piece even better than the old one... which is as it should be.


3 comments:

Angela Sullivan said...

It's no wonder he collects them. They are lovely

Cmichaudart said...

Bet you were high as a kite...to have someone love something so much that he wants to share it is absolutely the greatest compliment any artisan can ask for! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Angela and Cindy, thank you, both!