Friday, July 22, 2011

Dragonfly Deconstruction

Yes, I've been accused of making up words; or bestowing existing words with my own meaning. Deconstruction is one of them. As much as I like to create, or "construct," I also like to deconstruct. I've "deconstructed" my own artwork to create something new. This post is about a dragonfly lawn ornament that had begun to badly decompose from the elements. I couldn't bear to pitch it. It's various elements, even by themselves, are beautiful. Instead, I've slowly taken it apart with plans to reuse it. I've deconstructed it with the idea of reconstructing it; or perhaps, reincarnating it. 

In the meantime, I've enjoyed tracing it as well and I now have an interesting pattern that can be re-used in future art pieces in addition to the physical pieces themselves. It's all "play" and oh, how I love to play!

2 comments:

gsheaffer said...

sometimes all the imagination needs is an outline to make it rewarding....

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, Gale! Thanks for leaving a comment.