Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Late Morning In Berlin (Maryland)

Hotel Atlantic
I was born in Ohio and lived there for 18 years of my life, so I'm a native Buckeye. But for nearly as many years I lived in Maryland and in many ways feel as though I'm a native of that state as well. (Having Crabb as my last name certainly adds to that feeling!) While many people immediately think of Baltimore and Annapolis, or even Washington, DC when they think of Maryland, I think of all its beautiful, quaint little towns. There are many of them, all over the state, each one more charming than the next. And because of Maryland's very diversified terrain (mountains, coastal, flat lands, wetlands, rocky farmlands and rolling hills) there is a huge diversity in these tiny towns as well.
One such charming town is Berlin, Maryland. Two movies have been filmed there; "Tuck Everlasting" and more notably, "Runaway Bride." It's easy for me to think that more movies in the future could be filmed there as well. I recently had occasion to spend a couple of hours in the historic downtown area of Berlin and, of course, I had my camera with me!














The following interior shots were taken in this charming boutique!











Bustle. Don't you love it?

Of course, I'm all about crabs!




A little old mixed with the new!









The day would not have been complete had I not picked up some  souvenirs. Collaged earrings for me and some silver charms to use in my own collages!
For more about this charming town, click here: Visit Berlin

No comments: