Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tybee Island Cottage Tour - Cottage No. 1


Last spring, a group of my girlfriends and I (we collectively call ourselves the V-Jewels) spent a weekend together in a delightful cottage on Tybee Island. We were completely enchanted with the cottage and the surrounding area, so when I saw that a holiday cottage tour was being offered at Tybee this weekend, I jumped at the chance to take it. Each cottage was more delightful than the next and the proceeds of the tour benefited The Humane Society of Greater Savannah. Each of the cottages was decorated by renowned designer, Jane Coslick, and many of them are available for rent through Mermaid Cottages or Tybee Cottages

Because I took so many photos (well over 200) I thought it best to blog about my tour cottage by cottage. I've decided to feature them in order of the tour program, although this is not the order in which we made the tour. As a matter of fact, Cottage No. 1, which is featured here, is the last cottage we saw for the day. 

SPLASH COTTAGE - 13 LOGAN ST - TYBEE ISLAND


All ready for an island Christmas!

The wide front porch makes for great usable extra living space.


This is the living room side of the double sided fireplace.




There's a doorway which leads from the master bedroom to the private inground pool. How romantic is that?






Note that this is the dining room side of the double sided fireplace.

Cute fishies hanging on the front porch.

Look for more cottages in the upcoming days!

No comments: