Monday, February 17, 2014

Gift for Maria Lucia Under Construction



I know you've seen this bunny before, but not quite like this. My friend, Mary Beth, and her husband, recently gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Maria Lucia; a name as beautiful as she. Of course I want to make her a keepsake for her nursery which is a lovely old-fashioned and very feminine pink and green; coincidentally, one of my favorite color combinations. 

Today I finally began work on the piece of artwork I intend to give her and I started with the focal point. This particular zentangle is called "Cadent" and it reminds me of Herend china which I have long admired but never been able to afford. I thought it would be fun to make my own "Herend china" figurine (on paper of course) for this piece.

Below is a photo of the real thing. You can see that the pattern is similar, but not identical.

No comments: