Friday, November 29, 2013

Statement Art

OK, it's Bomomo, but doesn't it make a statement?
All fine artists are feeling the brunt of today's current economy. Many of us have even gone so far as to say art just isn't selling. Of course, I know that that's not entirely true. Some people, people who still have lots of money, are still buying art. But they are not about to buy small affordable pieces like mine.The art which sells today is "statement" art. It's big, bold, expensive. One would even design whole rooms around it. So I find myself asking myself, does my art make a statement? No, I reply. My art just pretty much hints at a suggestion. In fact, you could even say my art asks a question.

So, maybe the answer is to create statement art. Maybe I need to step out of my comfort zone and buy the biggest canvas I can find and create art using the boldest colors I can think of and slap the biggest price tag on it that I dare. I must dare to be bold; make a statement and not just a whisper.

No comments: