Saturday, April 12, 2014

Health Insurance & Easter Candy

"Malted Milk Easter Eggs" - enhanced digital photo
Now I suppose you're wondering what one has to do with the other. Well, they both make me very happy.

Seriously, I've been battling the system trying my hardest to obtain a health insurance policy which I can afford since the beginning of the year. I would think that I had the system beat only to have it turn around and beat me. Finally, yesterday, the struggle was over and I received confirmation of the coverage that I wanted and some proof of insurance with which to file a claim.

This morning, I made my twice monthly trip to Walgreens to get one of my prescriptions filled. I love Walgreens because they have been working with me every step of the way. While I didn't have any health insurance, they enrolled me in their prescription plan so that I was only paying about 60% of what my scrips cost.

Both the pharmacist and I held our breath while she entered the numbers from my plan into the system and voila! I had a successful claim! I saved enough on my prescription to purchase a half gallon of milk, my favorite Easter candy and a very reasonably priced big bottle of cabernet sauvignon and still have $25 left over out of my scrip budget. 

Woohoo! Life is good! At least, for today. :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That’s so nice of Walgreens. Surely, you have saved a lot. Well, I’m glad you were able to purchase not just any coverage, but a coverage you wanted. Persistence does pay dividends, doesn’t it?
Season Reza