Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Back at Work


Even if I don't have a plan when I walk into my studio, I know that I can sit down, start playing with my art supplies, even if it's just in my journal, and soon an idea will come to me and I'll be creating art again.

Last week; however, I just couldn't do it. I'd go into the studio, sit in my chair, look over my supplies and just sigh. I didn't have the energy either physical or mental. So I ended up taking a week long mental health break.

Today, though, I was back in the studio having fun and it felt great. I generally work on about a half-dozen things at once since I have to allow for drying time between certain stages of the work; that way I can work on another piece when one is drying. When I left my studio at 4:00 today I had the makings of six new pieces and had even dabbled in my journal a bit. With Thanksgiving coming up, who knows when I'll get the chance to spend any more time in my studio; but it feels good knowing that there's something for me to work on when I get the chance.

1 comment:

Don Coker said...

Kristeena, I know exactly what you mean. Everyone, even we artists, need a mental rest once in awhile. Looks like it paid off for you! Thank you for your kind comments at my blog. I'm really enjoying this current series as well.