Thursday, September 1, 2011

"Wheelbarrow" - Digital Collage


While cleaning and reorganizing after our evacuation in order to escape Irene, I discovered an old sketchbook that I'd completely forgotten about. When some of the TAGG members were here some years back for the annual Paint Out that I used to hold, I'd used this sketchbook to make simple pen and ink drawings while the others were actually painting. The sketches were sweet, but nothing to write home about.

I was particularly enamored with this little turquoise wheelbarrow on the grounds of the Lewes Historical Society (a gorgous place for plein air painting) and attempted to render it. Although the sketch by itself is not noteworthy, I thought it would be fun to use in digital collage.

The bottom layer of this collage is a Bomomo design (of course) and the next layer is the wheelbarrow, which I made slightly transparent so the Bomomo design could peek through.


Then I used selected potted plants from the collage below to complete the digital collage. Needless to say, I had a great time putting this new collage together!




2 comments:

SUSAN RODEN said...

Yeah . . . found your comments!
Love your use of Bomomo with the great underlying texture Kristeena. Adds so much depth.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Susan. I'm sure you know I have a bad case of bomomoitis; but it really is a great tool for a lot of my artwork.