Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Another Bridge Across the Arno

"Another Bridge Across the Arno" - Digital Collage
One of my favorite artists, DJ Pettitt recently posted photos from the workshop she conducted in Orvieto, Italy this year (I adore that town). DJ teaches the art of altering photos, art journaling and bookmaking; all things of great interest to me. So, needless to say, I've been drooling. I've also been inspired to dig into my own photo album of Italy and play with my own photos. Back in 2002, when I visited Italy, I was still shooting 35 mm. In 11 days, I shot 11 rolls of film (yea, you do the math) and have treasured these photographs. Many of them have served as subjects for my artwork, and I know I'm going to have fun making digital collages from them, too.

This photo, taken in Florence, is of a bridge that runs directly parallel to the famous Ponte Vecchio. Florence is enchanting and my traveling companion, Annie, and I awoke early on a Saturday morning to engage in some plein air painting while the city still slept. Our memories are just priceless!

No comments: