Sunday, January 8, 2012

Beanstalk Mandala

"Beanstalk Mandala" - digital collage
I love nursery rhymes, fairy tales and children's stories in general. I always have. I love the feeling of being mentally transported. As a child I used to pretend I was living in my own fairy tale. (I'm sure this surprises none of you!)

While perusing my sketchbooks, I noticed I scribbled this little mandala which I entitled Giant Beanstalk Mendala back in 2002. (Pay no attention to that ghostly image in the upper right hand corner!)
Giant Beanstalk Mandala
 
Then, in 2005, a friend of mine had a baby which she named Jack, and of course, I created a Jack and the Beanstalk collage which I gave her to hang in her nursery.

"Jack & The Beanstalk" - mixed media collage
So, just for fun today, I turned the beanstalk mandala into a digital collage. Just for fun!

No comments: