Friday, February 8, 2013

website update with retro, resume, zentangles


Keeping my website updated is one of those necessary but thankless tasks that must be done on a regular basis in order to keep the world current with what you're doing. Whenever I meet someone, I hand them my business card and the only contact info on that card is my website. So, it needs to be current and it needs to look good.

Every email I send has my stock signature at the bottom of the page and within my signature is the address of my website. So, it needs to be current and it needs to look good.

In fact, everything I do to promote my artwork ultimately comes back to my website. So, it needs to be current and it needs to look good.

I recently added three more pages to my website. I have decided that I want to more aggressively pursue art tutoring positions and I thought it would be helpful to future employers if they could see that my personal art history is not only about collage. There was a long period of time where I painted landscapes and still life using soft pastel. So, I've included a page that is a mini retrospective of my artwork.

I also felt it was important to include a page with images of my Zentangle work; especially since this is a technique I plan to use if given the opportunity to teach drawing.

And last, but certainly not least, I felt it important to also have my resume listed on my website. I have discovered that this is just as important to gallery owners and show sponsors as it is to prospective tutoring clients.

Updating the website is a time consuming, laborious task, but it's one that every artist needs to do.

No comments: